Friday, December 19, 2008

Something about the first storm of the year...

I'm not sure what it is, but I've always just loved the first big blowout of a snowstorm of the year ever since I was a little kid. As I look out the window and watch Mother Nature covering our yard with a foot of the fluffy white stuff I can't help but get a little excited. Shoveling will certainly suck, but watching Meghan and Caitlin blast down the killer sledding hill we have next door will be a hoot. Money's tight right now so ski days will be limited...I am hoping to get on some XC ski trails this year both as a workout and as a Daddy-daughter day (I got Meghan some plastic XC skis last winter and she loved it...perhaps a budding endurance athlete here??). I'll likely be the first one up and get the walk shoveled out after a nice hot cup of joe. By then the girls will be up and super psyched to get out in it. And then the little guy will eventually be up (the kid is 18 months old and eats more than his older sisters-he's in the top 9f5th percentile for height and weight and sleeps for 12 hours at a clip--can you say "not my son"???). We'll put him in the baby sled and pull him around the neighborhood too (sure he'll love it). Then we'll pack up the fam and head to the 413 for some holiday cheer with Mom's side of the family.

Love winter!!!

No comments: