Saturday, December 6, 2008

NBX Report, Day 1

I love this course....I'm not quite sure why as there are a lot of road sections and it's wicked fast, but I just love it. Lined up for the 4's race today and had a third row start. I felt strong and was rolling well into the final lap when, with a group of about 8 guys, I learned how easy it is to go from 12th to 20th in less than a second. Was taking the sweeping off-camber right hand turn and WHAM!, down she goes. What was sort of funny in retrospect was the crowd's reaction. You know when you see a pretty sick open ice hit in a hockey game and the crowd just yells, "OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" as the dude picks himself up, shakes the stars off and kind of limps back to the bench? That's kind of what happened.....I did my best to jump back on and catch my group but they were gone. I finished the last half lap and rolled in for a 20th. Not bad, but not great either; that's cross though, and tomorrow is another day!

1 comment:

trackrich said...

That's pretty gross dude... but chicks dig scars.