Monday, March 22, 2010

Pressure!

I am often my own worst enemy.
I was just given my annual quota and it seems astronomical. The "power of positive thinking" needs to rain on my parade, big time! I hate looking at a goal with no concrete way of reaching it. It scares me. Pressure.
The yard looks like crap as well - with my back the way it's been the last year, my days of throwing a 12-hour landscaping marathon up are over. If I do those, then I'm screwed for a couple of days afterward, even if I stretch out for an hour afterward. But I hate it when my yard looks like crap. Pressure.
Yesterday I lined up with the C guys at Wells Av for my first race pace of the year and definitely had heavier legs until the last few laps. A guy in front of me fell off the pace of the lead group and before I knew it there was a 15 yard gap. That gap grew to 50 yards in just a few seconds and before I knew it I was trying to pull a group of about 5 guys or so back. I couldn't do it. Granted it's only the first race effort, and my training has really only been consistent now for a couple of weeks, but still. If my goal is to upgrade to Cat 4 by the end of summer, I need to get my sh*t together. The first "real race" of the season is this coming Sunday and I'm nervous. I can't get totally schooled. Pressure.
Need to get the master bathroom project started as well-it's half gutted and we've been waiting a bit so that we can just pay cash for the job and not pull money out of savings. I'll likely do most of the work myself (again) - at least the entire demo job. I can also install new fixtures, but my motivation to do all the tiling work with Brad is pretty low. Pressure.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Wow, you're stressing me out! :-) I would add to the list, enjoy the beautiful spring weather with your family. Wish you could come visit....perhaps later in the year?