Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer's here!

So I always seem to have the best intentions of keeping this up to date, and then excrement happens....my software job has kept me super busy, but I am definitely still ramping into this job and company. While I possess no misinformation when it comes to the differentiation between motion and action, sadly I have been more the former thus far. It takes me no less time to create a quote for 50 seats of my product vs. 5,000 seats of my product. I am struggling with having to touch every opportunity that I have in my territory and staying focused on the larger ones. It's definitely a personality flaw, but I feel like I must be attentive to everything. I am confident that I will continue to improve and be efficient, but it is still a struggle.

On the family front, "the boy" recently turned 3! That's rather amazing to say the least - as with most parents I'm sure, it seemed like yesterday that he was born! We recently put him in a "big boy" bed, which is nothing more than his crib mattress on a little bed frame and he's doing well. Only fallen out of bed a few times, though those proved to be rather traumatic events! The girls are doing really well and are both enjoying sports: Cait is finishing up tee-ball and Meghan is loving softball. As a self-proclaimed baseball nut, this pleases me. I'm 0-2 in soccer so far-that's another story altogether-but baseball seems to be a family favorite so far. And "the boy" can already crush a wiffle ball. Penny maintains beauty, patience, and grace and keeps the engine moving forward. She's so very positive and keeps me centered on what's important. That's helpful as I can be a curmudgeon when things don't go my way.

On the sporting front, it's been a fun cycling season. Good friend JLC has taken to the road and so I have a new training and racing partner. We've had some solid results this year and are planning our collective strategy for moving up early next year to the next category for road racing. All that's left is for him to see the cyclocross light and the circle will be complete!

On the home front, the master bathroom project is coming along - after my tablesaw accident in which I practically bisected my thumb certainly delayed things, but it's getting going again. As I had never before built a shower pan, there was a fair amount of "how to" and "out of what" research to be done. After screwing the first one up, I figured out how to make the shower floor water tight. Per usual, I would have done this differently had I to do it over, but c'est la vie. As my Dad says, "you'll be an expert at this by the time you finish it, but then you'll never do it again." Sage advice.

Well, it's raining out, and I need to get an expense report done, then slap another coat of mud on the walls. Wanna' help?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

If we lived closer then I'm sure Jeremy would love to help! Thanks for the update on the family. I can't believe that Ryan is already 3!! Give our love to everyone.