Monday, March 1, 2010

CATCHING UP!!!

Man, it's been a whirlwind few months! New job has been terrific and action packed. My manager is great and an old friend from big telecom. Working for a small software company is just awesome when compared to the daily internal fights that I was used to. Lots of collaboration with my team mates and a can do, go get 'em attitude. Plus I'm learning something completely new which I appreciate. Data security is so critical to today's environments and I feel like what I am doing is relevant and not so much a commodity. I feel refreshed and energized again.


Here is a photo from the New Hire trip to Israel:

This is just inside the walls of the Old City in Jerusalem. Amazing place! The company finds it important to bring new hires from around the world together for a week of exposure to the senior executives and the country itself. Being a bit of a travel fan, I was all in on this opportunity!! Putting my hands on stones that are 2,000 years old was a bit surreal. When we talk about history in the US, 200 years old is well, old. 200 years old in Israel in modernist in comparison!

On the bike front, I'm off to a lousy start. My back has been balky all winter despite diligent stretching and strengthening work on my part. When my back hurts there is simply not much motivation to get on the bike. Which is problematic, as I have a few races on the calendar that I need to get up for. Oh, and my road bike was broken and is being "fixed" by the good folks in Watertown. The dudes at the LBS are taking care of me cost-wise so I should be back out there soon enough. I feel like my base is just not where it was a year ago and I have a lot of homework to catch up on. Some years are better than others I suppose.....

No comments: