Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What a weekend!

Man, you just can't ask for a better Memorial Day weekend than what we had up in New England. I took Thursday and Friday off to catch up on some MUCH needed landscaping....on Thursday I cleaned out and edged all the planting beds and then on Friday I spread 12 yards of mulch. While my back literally gave out on me toward the end of the day, the yard looked fabulous and ready for our "Stow-folk" party on Saturday. I say Stow-folk because of last year's soiree....we figured we'd throw a little BBQ for those of our friends that didn't have any other place to go and assumed that it would be a smallish affair. Over a 100 people showed up!!! I ended up flippin' burgers for close to 3.5 hours!!! So this year we limited the guest list to just Stow friends and still had over 50 people! And our "one big party" is supposed to Oktoberfest - but truth be told, we love to entertain and house is set up well for it. Seeing all of the kids bookin' around the house and the parents enjoying adult beverages and funny stories is so well worth it.

I managed to get some fantastic riding in too. 3 hours on the road Saturday, 2 hours on the trails Sunday, and then another 3 hours on the road Monday made for quality training. I'm trying to rack up the miles ahead of the B2B which is upon us in just 4 weeks now!! Overall, I'm pretty happy with my mileage thus far....over 1300 in the books in '09. But not as much long rides that I need...and the event calendar is definitely LIGHT in June and July.

On the back front, overall I'd say I'm feeling better (this weekend's marathon mulch spreading notwithstanding), but morning is still just awful. I think it's our mattress being too soft, but considering that we're still paying for it, I may not have many options in the short term other than sleeping on the floor!!! I have been faithfully stretching and doing the PT exercises though. Am considering some yoga/pilates as well.

No comments: