Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I really want Rival...


My 'cross bike has Shimano 105 9-speed shifters. Hey, I'm a B masters racer, mid-packer most of the time, and we're on a pretty tight budget. But I do ride my bike a lot, and I've been racing more this past year or so, and plan to continue that. Anyhoo, the shifting on my 'cross bike lately has begun to flat out suck. In Gloucester, it literally wouldn't shift at all until I just pounded the shifter with a fist and then it finally clicked down a gear. In Mansfield this past weekend it did it again. Please don't offer advice....I've read the blogs, flushed out the unit with degreaser and carefully hit the pivots with some oil, blah, blah, blah.


I want SRAM Rival shifters. I was goofing around with some fellow MRC bikes the last couple of weeks and I really like the action and the stiff, audible "CLICK" of SRAM shifting. Then being the closet weight dork I am from time to time, I read the differences in between 105 and Rival and was stunned. (335 g. for Rival, and 490 for 105)


Now I just need to come up with the dough.....350 for shifters, 75 for a derailleur, and 100 for a 10 speed cassette and chain.


I did get two of the yellow Monopoly properties in my number 5 value meal today (worth 25k if you get the third property). What do you think my chances are???

2 comments:

gewilli said...

or you could pick up a set of DuraAce 9speed shifters of flebay

jus'say

trackrich said...

You chances in that game suck... time to start raking leaves for the neighbors.

And yes, you do want Rival...