Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pre B2B

Well, here we go....the week going into the Harpoon B2B-145 miles....without question my longest one day effort. I'm a bit nervous, but shit, it's just a bike ride, so I'm going to try and enjoy the day. The weather forecast looks to be perfect as of now with a high of 79. There's a bunch of MRC'rs heading in for this event, though varying speeds....Kimball is planning to do the 22 mph group (!!!!!!) as is Koch. Not sure what Cort's signed up, likely the same. I'm hoping to go for 18 or 19 average, we'll see how the endurance goes.

Went out to Wachusett with a couple of friends this past Saturday....~70 miles and 4000 ft of climbing....good effort though I started to feel it toward the end. Followed that up with a 50 mile ride on Sunday on the MRC loop-ran into Kyle on Oak Hill and we headed over to the bike course of the Firm 1/2 Iron race going on through Lancaster and Harvard. While the legs feel generally good going into this weekend, my back hasn't been right since Pat's so I'm taking a couple days off of the bike. Going to try and get the chiropractor to straighten me out Friday.

No comments: