Saturday, June 28, 2008

...it may be a bit early but....

I'm thinking about cyclocross....a LOT. The Voodoo is on the hook in my home office, so I gaze at it often. I've got the best fitness base now that I have ever had (about 2k miles so far). The first two big goals for the season have been accomplished (and I rode better than I had thought I would), and I've got one more biggie to start planning for (the 24 Hours of Great Glen in early August). So now that trail riding is going to take on more priority (I want to do one or two MTB races as well), it oooooonly makes sense to get on the cross bike too.

I have to say that one of the coolest aspects of joining MRC is the BIG group of folks that are as into 'cross as I am. I think we'll have upwards of 15 people in the red, white, and blue kits every weekend with lots of strong folks challenging for podium spots. My goal is to snag a few top tens and earn upgrade points.

So I'm going to start adding a 'cross workout per week (probably before work for an hour) so I can get used to the bike again and really work on my skills (which suck).


....and perhaps one of the funnier cartoons of the year-enjoy!!


No comments: