Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, I've started mixing some short runs in with my limited riding time-I have been more faithful to the trainer than I have been in the past, managing to get in three rides per week though I can really only stand to be on the thing for an hour max.

My first day out running was a joke-I thought that a few 15 minute "intervals" split by 5 minutes of walking would make sense for the first time out. While the fitness part of this is fine, my legs took an absolute BEATING. I couldn't walk the next day. So I took a couple of days off to recup and then tried again; but the second time I cut the intervals down to 10 minutes, and did only two of them with a 5 minute walk in between. I definitely felt much better the day after (though I don't feel like I'm getting a great workout just yet, my legs apparently need to get used to running). I still have time to build up to an hour before the St. Patrick's Day run, and my only real goal is to have some fun with my sister and not hate it the entire time. Maybe then I can get her out on the bike a bit more.

In other news, Meghan (the illustrious 6 year old in our brood) has completed two successful alpine ski lessons. We're really proud of her and she seems to be having a complete blast. Thus far team sports don't seem to be much more than a social outlet for her; she seems to enjoy individual sports more (tennis was her favorite last summer). I guess at this point the only thing that really matters is interest and enthusiasm though the comaraderie of team sports was always really fun for me when I was a kid.

Well time to go hit the trainer for an hour and then hit the sack.

See you on the road!

No comments: