Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bathtub politics

Anyone that has young kids can probably relate to this: the relatively constant bickering between siblings over seemingly ridiculous topics. This morning as I was heading out for a couple hours of base mileage on the road bike my lovely bride was trying to get my two daughters in the tub to get cleaned up for a day trip to the Discovery Museum.

As soon as I heard the first squeal from Caitlin I knew this was going to be another 'interesting' fight amongst my girls. Cait wanted the right side of the tub and Meghan wanted the same. If you've read "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" then you may remember that men like to solve problems, and women like to talk about problems. Believe me brother not only is that the absolute truth, it is in the genes. I immediately went into problem solving mode and was promptly corrected by the 6 year old that I should just listen to her problem!!!! Amazing, I'm already being corrected by the youngest of women in my household!!!

So I went out for 40 easy miles and felt pretty good. Got home just in time to clean up and put on the Colts-Chargers game. It was the first time that my little boy and I got to watch a game together just the two of us (he's just 6 months old and rarely away from Mom's side). What a nice peaceful day we had watching Norv Turner pull out the victory. Congratulations to the Chargers, but let's face it, the Patriots are going to the Super Bowl.