Thursday, December 20, 2007

Trainer blues




Ohmigod I am in serious trouble! After only 4 trainer sessions due to over a foot and a half snow outside I am hating the thing already!!!! It looks like it's going to be a serious winter so I am going to have to sharpen up the tools and get ready for some ice climbing! The last time I was out sinking the picks I had the pleasure of climbing with Barry Blanchard, alpine extraordinaire from Canada. This guy is cool as hell, and just an amazing mountaineer. Moves that just completely stumped me he would glide through. Better still is his ability to teach and guide. When I finally was able to suss out a particular problem (with his tutelage) he seemed more stoked on it than I. The Mt. Washington Ice Fest is not to be missed if you're a climber looking to spend a day with the superstars of the sport and improve your technique. If my two partners hadn't become friggin' hockey dads.......


Well, I really ought to go ride that damn thing-if I slack on that I have to really do something stupid like start running!

No comments: