Sunday, September 5, 2010

Additional reasons why I like bikes....

Yesterday while out on a 90 minute easy ride, I stumbled upon this. One of the coolest things about a bike is exploration....yep, I yammer on upon training, racing, crashing, getting muddy, whatevah...but finding a new road, trail, etc, is the original hook to a bicycle. It's mechanized transport - a new way to explore with some wind in your face. The only issue as I see it (with the above referenced place) is that some d-bags in Stow (and I live there, BTW...) apparently don't want this running thru their respective back yards. I get the NIMBY thing when one is talking about an interstate or an office building. But a bike trail?? Gimme a break! Here's hoping that things get worked out, as the plan is to have this thing go through Stow, into Maynard and over to Concord.
The other reason that I love bikes is that today I discovered how absolutely invaluable those threaded washers that come with inner tubes are. Mind you, they're useless when it comes to the intended purpose, but I was installing a new hallway light and the strapping that you mount the light to (you know, the one that bolts to the face of the electrical box) wasn't fitting. Chalk it up to insufficient manufacturing tolerances....insert one of said washers underneath the strapping and voila: perfect fit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bikes are economical and they save a lot in terms of both time and maintenance costs. I can testify of mine which I have had its dual sport tires to date being the same same new tires they have been since I fitted them to the bike. They are also relaxing to ride on hence no much straining comes from them especially in a hot weather..

Mario said...

go to visit my website for entertainment with games and interesting selection or like, Games intellectual , Lego, A10, Poker, Pog, Friv Games, Scrabble, Pogo Games, Y8 Games, Soduku, Pikachu, SpongeBob, Pog 2, Pog Friv, Solitaire, Dress-up after a period of hard work, stress and fatigue my website help you as comfortable and pleasant it will make you happy. At PogOne.com
Pog
Friv
Pog 2