Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October observations....

I'm sitting in my hotel room in Denver on a break from a Cisco class that I'm incredibly under-qualified to be taking but hoping to make the best of....while I should be head down in the books right trying desperately to make sense of SONA, IIN, and the core, distribution, and access architectural modules, I needed a break....so here are some random things....


My cyclocross season FINALLY got underway after two false starts this past weekend at Gloucester. Due to some piss poor scheduling on my part, I was rewarded with back of the pack starts with 100 fellow weekend bike racers. Luckily for me, the back pain has begun to subside just a bit and I managed to finish 27th and 24th respectively over the weekend. Of course no good deed goes unpunished....I dropped my Blackberry in a puddle on Saturday so I'm without a phone while my warranty BB gets shipped to the house. Makes for staying "in touch" interesting...
I had the pleasure of sitting next to a couple of German kids apparently visiting the States during my flight out to CO...too bad they hadn't showered in about a month...nothing like some quality BO to experience for 4+ hours!
The class I'm taking is a bootcamp ahead of a certification test that I'm looking to take in the next couple of weeks. I feel so completely out-matched on this thing....trying to stay positive and focused and hoping that the light bulb moment happens soon or I am screwed come test time!
Miss my kids and can't wait to get back home!

No comments: