Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Where does the time go?

MAN, what a long time it's been.....

1. Work is crazy - I'm more about motion right now rather than action and that's definitely frustrating. I'm working much harder but I am having a tough time working smarter. Quotes are flying out the door, but we're not selling much...
2. While work is crazy, I'm grateful to be employed...there's a lot of really great, really talented folks that are not working and I remind myself of that every day.
3. The girls bathroom is coming along slowly....hopefully the plastering contractors won't kill me on the estimates....I really do NOT want to mud that whole thing myself....wimpish, I know, but I just don't like slingin' mud.
4. While I feel like I have a great fitness base this year, probably the best I've ever had, my gimpy back has me feeling disconcerted about 'cross season. I don't want to skip a season, but I can't keep living this way. My back is weak and sore pretty much every day. It doesn't bother me when I'm on the bike, but every morning when I get out of bed....oh man.
5. TOTALLY looking forward to a couple of shows coming up....U2 and the Allman Brothers/Widespread Panic.
6. Family camping trip number two coming up soon....this one will be 5 nights. WAY curious to see how the boy manages....

That's it for now....I'll post up some photos of the BR project as it progresses...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Scott, great post as usual. I am sure you've had it analyized 6 ways to sunday, but my wife is a personal trainer. If you need some core excercises to help work on that back let me know.

B