Tuesday, July 15, 2008

First trip to the Bronx...




Took the opportunity for a rare weekday afternoon game to bring Meghan down to Yankee Stadium for her first game (a 2-1 thriller won by the good guys in the bottom of the 10th). She had only previously been to Fenway and (like her mother) her first reaction was, "Wow, this place is BIG".
I love that you can only get Yankees stuff at the shops around the Stadium (conversely my first "official" Yankee hat was purchased at Fenway during a little league trip); saw these beauties at Stan's and felt compelled to capture them:







As a fan of the Bombers, it's fun to see the other side of the rivalry when I'm in NYC. Other observations:
1. It is 2.5 hours from my parents driveway in Springfield to the bat in front of the Stadium-about the same amount of time to get to Fenway from Stow, including traffic, parking 5 miles from the ballpark and paying 40 bucks to do so (17.00 to park in the garage RIGHT next to Yankee Stadium).
2. 8.50 for a Bud Light is ridiculous, but at least they bring it to your seat.
3. No obstructed view bullshit like at Fenway.
4. New stadium that will be amazing opening next year (I won't hold my breath for the same here; though being able to afford a game at the new Yankee Stadium may require a part time job).
While I'm no Mets fan, I need to get down to Shea--never been and it's closing this year too!

3 comments:

trackrich said...

Oh that's right... I forgot you were one of those. Oh the moral dilemma of supporting a teammate at GG and having to be nice to a Yankees fan :)

Bad Brad said...

I love/hate you.

Scott Sweeney said...

Hey listen fellas....you're all living in "Title town" now....enjoy it!!!!!